Sample Catering Menus & Inspiration
These menus are guidelines to get you started in planning your event.
The appetizers and hors d’ oeuvres are priced upon consultation and range from casual to elegant and offer a wide range of “finger food” to appease just about any palate.
The ala carte selections is an array of some of our more popular offerings. Other options are available, be sure to consult with Executive Chef Peter regarding customization of menus as these items listed are just a starting point in planning. Say Ciao! hand crafts all our cuisine and most recipes can be fine tuned and adjusted to appease just about any palate or dietary concern; so please ask!
The luncheon and breakfasts do show pricing for these standardized menus, however, the sample menus listed are priced but with some stipulations as to final pricing, as again, we encourage customization. And don’t miss our soups, stews and casseroles options for those casual meals!
Additional charges apply throughout and are broken down on our additional charges section of our creative catering page.
* All price are subject to change and are determined by market pricing during these challenging times
Appetizers and Hors d’oeuvres
These appetizers are a part of our stock catering menu and are only a small representation of what we offer…. Take these as inspiration in designing the menu for your event!
- Rosemary marinated grilled baby lamb chops
- Curried chicken salad with apples and toasted almonds served with sliced baguette
- Peppered roast beef, sliced and served with whole grain mustard horseradish sauce, served with silver dollar rolls and sliced baguette (add pork loin with orange cranberry aioli!)
- Grilled Andouille sausage bites and roasted sweet potatoes with caramelized onions and green chilies
- Mini meatloaf with garlic mashed potato topping
- Assorted anti pasti and grilled and pickled vegetables and sliced Italian cured meats
- Marinated grilled chicken satay skewers with sweet and spicy Thai peanut sauce with five spice
- Spicy yogurt Middle Eastern marinated tandoori chicken kebabs
- Black and white sesame seed encrusted wild rice and chicken cakes with a Pacific Rim aioli
- Rolled chicken pinwheels with spinach and sundried tomatoes and pesto
- Mini cornbread muffins with grill sausage
- Honey and sesame glazed sausages bites
- Spicy sausage rolls with fennel in puff pastry
- Meatballs in a cranberry demi sauce
- Philly cheese steak tortilla wraps
- Grilled chicken ciabatta sliders with an cilantro toasted sunflower seed pesto
- SW sweet and spicy pulled pork sliders
- Crispy honey, sesame and soy chicken wings with a Pacific Rim dipping sauce
- Herbed sausage and cheese empanadas
- Puff pastry roulades with sharp cheddar, caramelized onions and thyme
- Bacon wrapped, goat cheese and herb stuffed grilled jalapenos
- Seared black and white sesame seed crusted ahi tuna with pickled ginger, wasabi and soy sauce
- Poached salmon bites with tarragon aioli
- Chilled jumbo prawns with a SW red chili aioli (add chilled, seared sea scallops!)
- Bay shrimp salad with dill on Belgian endive spears
- Smoked salmon presentation with dill cream cheese, caper, red onion and sliced baguette
- Pan fried crab cakes with orange saffron aioli
- Panko crusted shrimp and scallop cakes with peach vinaigrette
- Smoked salmon wraps with dill cream cheese, capers and red onions
- Chinese five spice seared sea scallops with orange sesame vinaigrette
- Brie baked in puff pastry with sliced baguette and fresh fruit (ask about the additional fillings like raspberry coulis or basil pesto!)
- Sundried tomato pesto cream cheese torta with sliced baguette
- Imported and domestic cheeses with fresh fruit and baguette
- Domestic cheeses with fresh fruit and crackers
- Jicama and cucumber coins topped with herb cream cheese
- Dried apricot and goat cheese rounds coated with crumbled toasted pistachio nuts
- Caprese salad skewers with tomato , basil and fresh mozzarella
- Caesar salad on Belgian endive spears; chopped endive with lemon garlic dressing, parmesan cheese and crunchy mini croutons
- California rolls with wasabi, pickled ginger and soy sauce
- Basmati rice and toasted sunflower seed stuffed grape leaves with lemon yogurt dipping sauce
- Roasted mushroom caps with goat cheese, topped with crispy herbed bread crumbs
- Tortilla chips, salsa, black bean dip and guacamole
- Mini macaroni and cheese pies
- Baked panko breaded risotto balls with a sweet pea and mint coulis
- Deviled eggs with thyme, horseradish and mustard
- Vietnamese spring roll with sesame, soy and ginger sauce
- Mushroom caps stuffed with walnut sage duxelle or spinach and parmesan
- Caramelized polenta triangles with a roasted tomato thyme coulis
- Southwest red bean tortilla wraps with avocado crèma
- Chilled asparagus spears with blackberry vinaigrette dipping sauce
- White bean and roasted garlic hummus with savory, served with sliced baguette
- Fresh vegetable crudités with a lemon tarragon crème fraîche dip
- Baby new potatoes filled with deviled egg and chives
- Spinach and goat cheese in phyllo pastry
- Artichoke, spinach and roasted garlic dip with sliced baguette
Mix it up, a little or a lot!
Remember to offer a variety of appetizers with different flavors, colors, textures and temperatures. A good rule of thumb is to serve an appetizer from each of these categories: meats and seafood, cheese and antipasti plate, dips and spreads, cold and hot bites. By including a range of choices, you’ll be sure to offer something appealing for all of your guests.
Choose a theme ~ or not…
Having a theme for your party will provide direction to the menu, as well as the music, decor and even party attire. A Mexican fiesta calls for margaritas and spicy Southwest fare. Retro parties might lead you to re-imagine some classic appetizers like deviled eggs, endive spears topped with bay shrimp and dill and sublime roast beef sliders with horseradish, and then to mix up some ice-cold martinis and download your favorite Frank Sinatra tunes for an evening to the nines.
Light, medium or heavy; that is the question…
Is the food just a nosh, or a full blown meal? Knowing what you need from what’s offered is always important. Will your guests come hungry and need sustenance, or will they come and go and just perhaps take in a bite or two. These are considerations in planning that cannot be left out.
Ala Carte Selections
This Ala Carte Catering Menu is provided below to help inspire you when designing the menu for your wedding or event. These are suggestions and we recommend for larger events consultation with Chef Peter to assure a balanced and seasonally available menu.
- Marinated broccoli and vegetable salad
- Sautéed seasonal vegetable medley
- Braised Brussels sprouts with brown butter
- Stewed ratatouille with fresh herbs
- Chilled asparagus with dijon lemon tarragon sauce (seasonal)
- Green beans with toasted hazelnuts and butter
- Chilled green beans with blackberry vinaigrette
- Braised red cabbage with apples and cider
- Baby field greens with orange sesame vinaigrette (many bells and whistles can be added!)
- Spinach salad with sundried tomatoes, toasted sunflower seeds, julienne red onion with a roasted garlic vinaigrette
- Garden salad with mixed vegetable garnishes; ranch and vinaigrette on the side
- Classic Caesar salad with house made croutons and Parmesan
- Arugula salad with golden beets and toasted hazelnuts finished with a light shallot and black peppercorn vinaigrette
- Greek salad with kalamata olives, feta, cucumber, sweet peppers, peperoncini and a creamy herb dressing
Composed Salads / side dishes
- Classic potato salad with dijon and dill
- New potato salad with pesto and chives
- New potato salad with caramelized onions, garlic with a rosemary balsamic dressing
- Penne pasta salad prima vera
- Orzo pasta salad with artichokes and peppers
- Northwest Waldorf salad with hazelnuts
- Southwestern fresh corn salad with jicama, anaheim peppers and cilantro
- Fresh seasonal fruit salad
- Fresh seasonal fruit salad with a orange yogurt and mint dressing
- Tabouli salad with cucumber and mint
- Yucatan black bean and rice salad
- Wild rice salad with dried cherries and hazelnuts
- Rice salad with peas and a dijon dill dressing
- Traditional cole slaw
- Thai style cabbage salad
- Sugar snap pea and barley salad with flat leaf parsley and red onion
- Quinoa salad with seasonal vegetables
- Marinated grilled vegetable salad
- Toasted potato gnocchi with caramelized shitake mushrooms, onions and chives
- Cheese tortellini with roasted eggplant and sweet peppers
- New potatoes tossed with butter, garlic and dill
- Layered potato gratin with parmesan and herbs
- Roasted new potatoes with thyme
- Wild rice pilaf with mushrooms and green onions
- Orzo pasta with roasted garlic, mushrooms and marjoram
- Garlic mashed potatoes
- Vegetable fried rice
- Risotto with peas and leeks
- Potato gnocchi with brown butter
- Baked breast of chicken with a ginger sesame sauce
- Pan roasted breast of chicken with a tomato thyme relish
- Seared medallions of chicken with a roasted garlic apple cider cream sauce
- Baked breast of chicken with a light tomato basil sauce
- Grilled tandoori chicken thighs with a spicy curry and lime sauce
- Buttermilk basil marinated breast of chicken with fresh arugula pesto sauce
- Roasted breast of turkey with tarragon aioli
- Rolled turkey roast with ham, herbs and monterey jack cheese
- Classic roasted turkey with “all the trimmings”
- Chef carved roasted NY strip served with whole grain mustard horseradish sour cream with chives
- Braised medallions of sirloin with a mushroom demi sauce
- Asian style beef stir fry with oriental vegetables
- Classic beef pot roast with roasted vegetables
- Grilled southwestern flank steak topped with roasted corn and black bean relish
- Salmon fillet with blackberry chive vinaigrette
- Seared sea bass with lemon thyme sweet pepper coulis
- Baked tilapia with a lemon caper dill sauce
- Grilled mahi mahi filet with a roasted sweet pepper relish with basil
Pork and lamb~
- Roasted leg of lamb with hazelnut mint pesto
- Baby lamb rib chops with dijon and rosemary
- Grilled medallions of pork loin with an apricot chive sauce
- Roasted pork loin with apple chutney
- Layered grilled eggplant casserole with ricotta and herbs
- Spinach and vegetable lasagna with a parmesan cream sauce
- Polenta gratin with spinach and wild mushrooms
- SW baked tomatoes with quinoa, corn, and roasted green chilies
- Wild mushroom risotto with parmesan
- Grilled tofu with ratatouille vegetables
All Breakfasts include drop-off, set-up, pick-up and all disposables. A 10% catering charge and tax added; additional costs may apply
Northwest Breakfast | $16 / person
Includes: Mixed vegetable frittata with cheese (crustless quiche); Link sausages or bacon; Roasted new potatoes with sweet peppers; Fresh fruit and berries; Assortment of muffins, danish and sweet breads; Orange; Coffee service
Add: Bagels and smoked salmon with cream cheese, red onion and capers for an additional…$2.50 per person
Light Breakfast | $13 / person
Includes: Scrambled eggs; Roasted new potatoes with sweet peppers; Fresh fruit and berries; Assortment of danish, muffins and sweet breads; Orange juice; Coffee service
Add: a breakfast meat for $1.50 more.
Breakfast Burrito Bar | $14 / person
Includes: Scrambled eggs; Pan fried diced ham or sausage; SW roasted new potatoes with sweet peppers; Shredded cheese and pico de gallo sauce; Fresh fruit and berries; Assortment of tortillas, muffins and sweet breads; Orange; Coffee service.
Continental Breakfast| $10.5 / person
Includes: Fresh fruit and berries; Assortment of scones, muffins and sweet breads; Orange; Coffee service.
Add: Bagels, butter and cream cheese for an additional…$1.50 per person
Lunches include: Disposable chinette plates, cutlery and napkins, all service ware, delivery, set-up and pick-up. (Additional charges apply)
Sandwich Bar Luncheon $14.5 / per person
Includes: Roasted turkey breast, sliced pepper crusted roast beef, black forest ham, cheddar and jack cheeses, brown mustard and mayonnaise, lettuce and sliced tomatoes, pasta salad prima vera, fresh fruit salad, kettle chips and an assortment of fresh breads, house baked cookies and apricot bars for dessert; chilled canned beverages and bottled waters.
Say Ciao Box Lunches $12.75 / each
Sandwich Choice of: Roasted turkey breast or sliced pepper crusted roast beef or Applewood smoked ham or veggie (Tuscan white bean hummus, two kinds of cheese, veggies and spinach with tomatoes) all sandwiches come with jack cheese, mayonnaise and mustard (on the side), lettuce, sliced tomatoes on a 24 grain bread. Also included are a bag of assorted kettle chips and house made chocolate chip cookie, an apple (Fuji or Gala) and a cold canned soda, sparkling or bottled water on the side. Gluten free available (Add $1.00 per lunch) – bread and cookie
Download this handy PDF order form! ~ Box lunch order form
Gourmet Box Luncheon $14.50 / each (Please ask about availability, please before ordering)
Includes: Your choice of of either pasta salad prima vera or classic Caesar salad with chilled grilled chicken or salmon fillet (additional charge for salmon, market price). Bread, butter and a chocolate chip cookie, an apple and a cold beverage.
Hot lunches are $16.00 per person (except the potato bar, which is $14.50 per) for groups of twelve or more. Prices slightly higher for smaller luncheons. Substitutions and changes made upon consultation; prices may change.
Includes: Spinach lasagna with parmesan cream sauce, Chicken Provencal, classic Caesar salad, marinated vegetable salad, selection of fresh breads and butter. Assorted cookies and apricot bars and brownies for dessert and chilled canned beverages and bottled waters.
* Penne pasta salad with artichoke hearts, sweet peppers and marjoram added for groups larger then 30 people
SW Fajita Bar Luncheon
Includes: Marinated grilled chicken and sweet peppers, tortillas, salsa, guacamole, shredded lettuce and cheese, sour cream and diced tomatoes. Southwestern corn salad with jicama and cilantro and Yucatan style black bean and rice salad. Assorted cookies, apricot bars and brownies for dessert and chilled canned beverages and bottled waters.
Pacific Rim Luncheon
Includes: Ginger sesame boneless chicken breast medallions, veggie “fried” rice, chilled green beans with a Szechuan mustard sauce, chilled rice noodles in Thai peanut sauce, baby field greens with a sweet orange chili vinaigrette, bread and butter, assorted cookies, apricot bars and brownies for dessert, and chilled canned beverages and bottled waters.
Classic SW Luncheon
Includes: Seared chicken medallions with Oaxaca mole sauce garnished with pepitas, cheese enchiladas with Verde sauce, garden salad with cucumber, red onion and tomato and an avocado vinaigrette, Southwestern black bean and hominy (served hot or cold, seasonally), flour tortillas, house baked cookies and apricot bars for dessert; chilled canned beverages and bottled waters.
Baked Potato Luncheon
Includes: Baked russet potatoes, bacon bits, diced grilled chicken, scallions, sour cream, butter, shredded cheese, broccoli floret’s, garden salad with vinaigrette and ranch dressings, fresh seasonal fruit salad, breads and butter, assorted cookies, apricot bars and brownies for dessert, and chilled canned beverages and bottled waters.
Soups, stews and casseroles
Soup options- Just a few… Made from scratch, so recipes may be varied to meet individual needs…
- Roasted shallot, garlic and sweet onion
- SW grilled chicken posole with roasted green chilies and potatoes
- Three onion chowder with thyme and potatoes
- Sweet potato with jalapeno
- Roasted red bell pepper with marjoram
- Potato leek with dill
- Northwest salmon chowder
- Classic minestrone with white beans
- Sweet corn chowder with lemon thyme
- Cream of roasted eggplant, garlic and shallots
- Gazpacho with jicama
- Cream of portabella mushroom with potato and leek
- Peruvian chicken with lemon, vegetables and rice
- Chilled melon with orange and yogurt
- Classic mulligatawny with rice
- Asparagus and sundried tomato bisque
- Wild mushroom vegetable with thyme
- Black bean with roasted green chilies
- White bean with ham, sweet onions and savory
- Vegetarian white bean with herbs de Provence
- Tomato brie with leeks and chives
Casseroles and stews and such- Just a few and all may be customized as they are made to order…
- Penne pasta with diced grilled chicken, artichoke hearts, sweet peppers in a parmesan thyme cream
- Tuscan white bean with diced seared ham and green onions
- Classic penne and and cheese
- Layered potato casserole with ham and three cheese cream sauce
- SW cheese enchilada casserole with tomatillo verde sauce
- Classic beef stew with shallots, leeks and new potatoes with thyme
- Sweet and spicy pulled pork
- SW beef or pork with rice and bean casserole
Desserts and sweets
HOUSE MADE DESSERTS-
Selections include, but not limited too..
- Assorted cookies, bars and brownies
- Decorated sheet cakes: 1/4, 1/2 or whole – many options available
- Cheesecake bar with varied toppings
- Dessert bar with varied cakes, torts and tarts, assorted cookies, bars and brownies
- Cup cakes! and more….
- Muffins, scones, breakfast breads and other breakfast goodies
- Candies, truffles and petit fours
- Wedding cakes
We recommend these fine bakers:
- Dream Cakes by Judy Reese
- Helen Bernhard Bakery
- Beaverton Bakery
- Papa Haydn
A SAMPLE OF CATERING SELECTIONS
These menus are a starting point for planning and are guidelines for pricing and suggested pairings only. Many other menu options exist and changes and substitutions are encouraged. The ala carte section of our creative catering page outlines many of the additional choices available.
Sauces and preparations may be interchanged and if there is something that is not on our menus that you wish us to prepare, please ask! We will make every effort to accommodate yours needs.
Pricing will be formalized after consultation via email or phone for smaller events; in person for larger. Please call, 360.210.5522 or email with your questions, comments or to receive a quote.
NW Salmon Dinner
Pan roasted salmon fillet with lemon caper and dill aioli
- Choose a side dish and a vegetable from the ala carte section of our creative catering page. Select one plated salad.
Includes a selection of freshly baked breads and butter.
- $20.00 per person for dinner
- $17.00 per person for lunch
*Add a second entree for $2.00 more per person ~ Substitute chicken for $2.00 less
Harvest Roast Dinner
Roasted loin of pork with fresh fruit chutney or Roasted leg of lamb with hazelnut mint pesto
- Select one green salad. Select three appetizers from appetizer page (Price may vary slightly by selections). Choose one chef carved entree from above. Choose a side dish and a vegetable.
Includes a selection of freshly baked breads and butter.
- $22.00 per person for dinner
- $16.00 per person for lunch
- $14.00 for lunch (without appetizers)
(enjoy both roasts for an additional $2.00 per person)
Say Ciao Cold Buffet
Sliced roasted beef and turkey breast with whole grain mustard horseradish sauce and an orange cranberry aioli. Choice of chicken salad with apples, almonds and tarragon or chilled sliced roast pork loin
- Select two options from choices above. Select 3 cold salads from the ala carte selection, of our creative catering page and select a green salad (served buffet style)
Includes: freshly baked breads and butter
- $15.00 per person for lunch
- $18.00 per person for dinner
Prices above are for food only and will vary by group size. Groups above 45 people in number will include one Applewood chef, to set-up, tend and clean-up buffet.
Above menus are just a sampling; many other selections are available. Additional charges will apply, including any rentals, beverages, and disposable items and extra staffing.
A 10% catering charge will also be added to the final bill and tax where applicable.